Wednesday 13 March 2013

The start of something?

A couple of weekends ago I had the chance to indulge in one of my favourite pastimes ever - a trip to the car boot sale!!! Now, I say a 'chance' but what I really mean is that I was able to drag my sorry little self out of bed early enough, as well as convince a couple of others to do the same, to grab some bargains! :)



These two little gems were the fruits of our labours and aren't they adorable?! Maps were our bread and butter growing up, quite literally! Dad was a cartographer who had the enviable job of climbing mountains, taking measurement and then drawing it all up once back in the office. As kids we'd always argue over who would be chief map reader on a journey and not just because the map reader got to sit in the front seat, although that naturally had it's own appeal! Anyway, suffice to say I'm a map fanatic so when I spotted these two there was no stopping me!




Mr Fantastic has been doing some detective work on these bad boys to try and date them. Based on countries that don't quite exist we've got it down to sometime before '79 (ish)!




They were garnered from opposite ends of the car boot and after some hardened haggling! This is definitely going to be the start of something - either a brand new collection or a maybe even a round the world trip! So, where to guys?!



1 comment:

  1. Love them! I have been looking for something like this for my room where I have a spot for all the souvenirs I have collected from all the different places I have traveled to. Good find girl! I must try and get something similar here in Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete