Sunday 3 March 2013

DIY fantastic: Star Bunting



I wish I'd come up with this idea years ago - it would have been perfect for my first room in halls or to decorate my bedroom at home. Ah well, better late than never and Mr Fantastic will just have to lump it! This is a super simple diy, it takes forever, but that's just due to the tricky shapes of the stars - once they're all cut out putting it together was pip-squeak. So lets get to it! 

What you'll need: 
1. Coloured card in any colours you fancy
2. A template of the shape for your bunting, I went for stars but other cute ideas could be clouds, circles, hearts etc.
3. Scissors
4. Glue (I used a glue stick)
5. Strong thread in a matching or contrasting colour




The first step is to cut out your shapes, simply draw around the template on the back of the card out and cut out twice as many stars as you want on your bunting. I just kept going until I got bored!




Then it's simply a matter of gluing the stars back to back with the thread going through the middle. You can measure out the distance between stars if you want to keep it consistent or if you want to mix it up a little bit then go freestyle!




And that's it! Then you can go and hang it wherever you fancy, perfect for parties, special days or just everydays! 




Or for garden parties...





No comments:

Post a Comment